School Aims and Values
A core value is a central belief which is understood and shared by every member of the school community. Core values arise out of what we believe to be important about people, about society and about learning and knowledge.
We believe in compassion, respect, responsibility, achievement, independence and happiness.
By independence we mean that everyone
· is confident to make choices and take decisions
· has the resilience to face challenges
· seeks to have a positive impact through their thoughts, feelings and actions
By responsibility we mean that everyone
· takes ownership of their learning and behaviour
· is committed to our school, our community and the environment
· recognises the role that they play in keeping others safe
By respect we mean that everyone
· values all members of the community
· displays tolerance of others with different points of view and beliefs
· shows respect for the school, its resources and the surrounding environment
By achievement we mean that everyone
· is proud of and celebrates all achievements
· is confident and successful in all that they do
· is ambitious about what can be achieved
By compassion we mean that everyone
· shows understanding, caring and kindness
· values and upholds positive relationships
· considers the feelings of others
By happiness we mean that everyone
· values and embraces the importance of fun and enjoyment
· is able to work with others as part of a team
· strives to foster lasting friendships
Dhekelia Primary School provides all children, regardless of gender, race, ability and religion with inclusive education aiming:
- To develop the whole child academically, spiritually, morally and physically, to the highest possible standards, whilst nurturing a thirst and respect for learning that will continue through life.
- To provide a stimulating, caring and secure environment in which all children fulfil their potentials.
- To provide a broad, appropriate and challenging curriculum which will equip children for life in an increasingly scientific and technological world.
- To develop Dhekelia Primary School as an integral part of the community, maximising local and military opportunities whilst encouraging a wider perspective and respect for the world as a whole.
- To integrate new children into school and within new phases in a carefully planned way, providing the maximum emotional and educational stability.
- To ensure that the interests of parents are taken into account through partnership, so that they are informed and encouraged to share the responsibility for the education of their child.